[Updated June 2, 2021]
Greene County Public Library is open to serve patrons under our Health Department reviewed COVID-19 protocols. You have full access to our collections and staff is ready to help you with all your information needs.
To ensure the ongoing safety of library staff and patrons, we have the following protocols in place.
Continuing Curbside and Home Collections
To meet your needs during the COVID-19 crisis, we launched two new services—curbside pickup and home collections. We found out you love these services! We are maintaining these services during this phase of our reopening and look forward to serving you inside and outside of the library.
Our award-winning makerspace, Spark Place, is open by appointment with limited walk-in appointments available.
- Anyone can make an appointment at Spark Place! You will need a library card to the space. It's free to use our equipment but we do charge for the consumable materials.
- Walk-in appointments may be available but are not guaranteed.
- Appointments can made up to four weeks in advance and are scheduled in two hour sessions.
- There is a 15 minute grace period before appointments are released to others.
- We will shut down computers and equipment when an appointment ends and at closing.
Greene County Room by Appointment
Appointments will be required for our nationally-recognized Greene County Room local history archive.
Greene County Public Library's team is deeply committed to serving you safely. At the recommendation of Greene County Public Health, and in accordance with the orders of the Ohio Department of Health, we are taking several health precautions to protect our patrons. These include:
- Asking patrons to maintain social distance from one another and from library staff
- Requiring patrons to wear face coverings as required by the Ohio Department of Health's orders.
- Requiring staff members to wear face coverings while working
- Rearranging furniture and public computers to promote social distancing
- Installing protective barriers at service points and areas to help with social distancing
- Disinfecting public computers and other high-touch areas
- Offering programs virtually and on demand at https://greenelibrary.info/ylah/programs/
- Requiring library staff to participate in a daily health assessment when working
- Requiring library staff to stay home if they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19
We look forward to the day when we can return to our normal service. We’re focused on serving you well and safely—working to make sure you have an amazing library experience.
See you at the library!