Greene County Public Library is open to serve patrons under our Health Department reviewed COVID-19 protocols. You have full access to our collections and staff is ready to help you with all your information needs.
To ensure the ongoing safety of library staff and patrons, we have the following protocols in place.
To meet Greene County Public Health guidelines, we are offering computer sessions in one-hour blocks:
- 10 – 11 a.m. (for vulnerable populations)
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 1 – 2 p.m.
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- 4 – 5 p.m.
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- 7 – 8 p.m.
Call your local library to schedule an appointment ahead or check in with our staff when you get to the library to see if a computer is available.
Continuing Curbside and Home Collections
To meet your needs during the COVID-19 crisis, we launched two new services—curbside pickup and home collections. We found out you love these services! We are maintaining these services during this phase of our reopening and look forward to serving you inside and outside of the library.
Spark Place and Greene County Room by Appointment
Greene County Public Library's team is deeply committed to serving you safely. At the recommendation of Greene County Public Health, we are taking several health precautions to protect our patrons. These include:
- Asking patrons to maintain social distance from one another and from library staff
- Encouraging patrons to wear face coverings when possible
- Requiring staff members to wear a face coverings while working
- Rearranging furniture to promote social distancing
- Installing protective barriers at service points and areas to help with social distancing
- Disinfecting public computers and other high-touch areas
- Limiting occupancy to 50% of our fire code capacity
- Processing returns only through outside book drops to limit staff exposure
- Continuing to quarantine incoming library materials for 96 hours
- Delaying the return to in-person programming per Ohio Health Department guidelines
- Requiring library staff to participate in a daily health assessment when working
- Requiring library staff to stay home if they have any symptoms associated with COVID-19
We look forward to the day when we can return to our normal service. We’re focused on serving you well and safely—working to make sure you have an amazing library experience.
See you at the library!
If you have additional questions, please see our COVID-19 Response FAQ.