Due to the rise in cases of COVID-19 in our community in recent weeks, we are advised by Greene County Public Health to implement the following, updated safety protocols to limit community exposure. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have followed the recommendations of GCPH, in this case with particular attention to our younger patrons.
- Any indoor library sponsored program will require attendees aged 2 and above to be masked regardless of vaccination status (medical exemptions still apply).
- Social distancing will also be required for indoor library sponsored programming.
- Masks are not required for patrons but encouraged for general use of the library or meeting rooms if it is not a library sponsored event.
- Masks will not be required for outdoor programs.
- Library sponsored programs that take place off library grounds will follow the protocols of the host facility.
- Library staff will continue to offer in-person and virtual programming for our patrons.
- Social distancing will be required for use of the library’s computers.
- Masks will remain available in the library for patron use.
Since June 2020, we’ve added several services that we continue to offer due to popular demand, including:
- Curbside Services
- Home Collections
- Virtual programming when applicable
- Take and Make kits
For more information on these services, please visit the Your Library at Home page.
We also offer a host of safety measures to maintain as safe an environment as possible for our patrons and staff.
- COVID-19 Rapid Test distribution
- Masks available for the public
- Hand sanitization stations
- Improved air quality through needlepoint bipolar ionization system, air purifiers, improved filtration, and outdoor air when possible
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
We remain focused on serving you well and safely while working to make sure you continue to have an amazing library experience. Please be assured that we are poised to reinstate any additional safety measures that may be directed by Greene County Public Health or the Ohio Department of Health. If you have any questions concerning these protocols, please contact our Executive Director Karl Colón or Deputy Director Elizabeth Cusack through email, here, and select the Safety Protocols subject line.
We look forward to seeing you at the library!