The Greene County Public Library system is the community’s connection to reading, lifelong learning, and personal and professional enrichment for people of all ages.
—From our mission statement
Our employees are committed to our mission. We recognize that in order to provide the highest level of service, we must hire dedicated, professional people who understand what it means to serve the community. We believe that the quality of our service is deeply rooted in the quality of our people.
Greene County Public Library offers competitive wages and varying levels of benefits for both full- and part-time staff.
We believe in providing equal opportunity based on a person's ability to contribute to the needs and mission of our library system. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can see our current employment openings and apply online at greenelibrary.workable.com.
If there are no open positions you wish to apply for but you'd like to be considered for future opportunities, please complete a general employment application.
If you're interested in applying for a library aide or substitute position, please complete a general employment application.
If you have questions about one of the library's open positions, please call our Job Line at (937) 736-7069.
Library staff receive a wide range of benefits based on their position classification and the number of hours worked per week.
For library aides and substitute employees:
- The library pays an amount equal to 14% of each employee’s salary into the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, and the employee pays 10% to OPERS
- The library contributes a percentage of the employee’s salary for Medicare
Regular part-time employees who work more than 520 hours per year receive all of the the above, plus:
- Vacation (10 – 20 days per year depending on length of service and professional status)
- Sick leave (12 days credit per year)
- Personal leave (3 days credit per year)
- Holidays, including birthday (10 days possible per year, depending on scheduling)
- Merit time off, if warranted
- Bereavement time, if needed
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and eligible family members
- Voluntary participation in the Ohio Deferred Compensation Plan
- Eligibility for Tuition Reimbursement program after one full year of employment (between $1,650 and $2,200 per year depending on the subject being studied)
Regular part-time employees who work more than 1,040 hours per year receive all of the above, plus:
- Dental insurance: The library pays for a single premium amount based on the amount of budgeted hours; additional coverage for dependents is at employee expense
Full-time employees receive all of the above plus:
- Group health insurance: The library pays 80%, and the employee pays 20% of the premium for group health insurance, whether the employee needs individual, individual/spouse, individual/children, or family coverage
- Dental insurance: The library pays 100% of an individual premium; additional coverage for dependents is at employee expense
- Paid life insurance
If you're not selected for an interview shortly after applying for a job at the library, we'll retain your information for six months (or one year for professional librarian positions) so that we may consider you for future employment openings.
If you have questions about your application or the library's hiring process, please call our Job Line at (937) 736-7069.