It's Food for Fines week Sunday, February 10th, through Saturday, February 16th!
For each item you donate to your local food bank at the library, we'll forgive $1 of your fines for overdue materials.
Here’s how it works:
- Bring unexpired, nonperishable food items to donate at the circulation desk of your local Greene County Public Library.
- For each item you donate, $1 of your library fines for overdue materials will be forgiven.
- Fines can only be forgiven on overdue materials that have been returned, so be sure you’ve looked under the couch for misplaced books and movies first! You can also log in to your online account or ask a library staff member if you’re not sure whether you have a fine.
- Sorry—Food for Fines credit can’t be applied toward fees for items that have been lost or damaged.
- All donations collected during Food for Fines will be distributed to food banks in your community.
Don't owe any fines? This year you can also pay it forward. Bring extra food donations to help other library patrons reduce their fines.