Xenia Community Library will continue to be a walk-in VITA site.
The hours for tax return preparation at the Xenia library are:
- Mondays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you would like to have the VITA staff assist you, you must bring the following to Xenia Community Library:
- Social security cards for everyone in the family. (There can be no exceptions if you would like your taxes prepared by our VITA staff.)
- Photo ID for the taxpayer and spouse (no exceptions). A current Ohio driver’s license is preferred but employer ID cards with a photo, military ID, state ID card, and passport are also acceptable.
- All of your W-2 forms for 2018.
- Social security statements (SSA-1099).
- 1099-MISC income forms, if self-employed, and records of any other source of income.
- If you have a health savings account (HSA), you must have your 1099-SA form if you took money out of the account last year.
- If you have a brokerage account, you must wait for your 1099-B forms which come out as late as March.
- If you have insurance through the Marketplace (Affordable Care Act or Obamacare), you must bring your 1095-A form.
- Your previous year’s tax return forms.