About Us

Library History

  • 1927: Jamestown's library opens in the Jamestown school.
  • 1937: The library moves to the village opera house.
  • 1984: Growing demand necessitates a library expansion and remodel.
  • 1993: Frank Seaman donates land for the development of a new library. The building would also act as a civic center, housing the police department and city council chambers.
  • 1996: The library moves from the opera house to its current location.

Photo Tour

[alpine-phototile-for-flickr src="set" uid="126510258@N06" sid="72157699322688234" imgl="fancybox" style="wall" row="4" grwidth="600" grheight="400" size="500" num="24" align="center" max="80" nocredit="1"]