- 1929: The library—then known as the Bath Township Library—opens with 500 books in a barbershop on Main Street.
- 1947: Just two months after moving into the YMCA on South Central, a fire causes serious damage to the library. Temporary libraries soon open up in St. Mark's Lutheran Church and the upper level of a bar on East Main.
- 1952: A successful bond allows construction of a new dedicated library building on North Maple, which opens in 1954.
- 1979: After outgrowing the space on North Maple, the library moves to its current location—a building that was formerly the city's post office.
- 1989–90: The library temporarily moves to the Skyway Plaza shopping center during construction at the current space, which expands the library to two floors.