Supporting the people of Ukraine: What Can You do to Help?
As the conflict in Ukraine continues to escalate, humanitarian efforts are organizing resources, supplies, and providing as much help as they can to support Ukrainians during this trying time.
Below are a list of charities and organizations that you can donate to and help with their efforts in aiding Ukrainians.
International support for Ukraine:
Global Citizen lists 28 meaningful ways YOU can help Ukrainians. Below are some of the organizations listed amidst the article and more:
People in Need
- is providing humanitarian aid to over 200,000 people on the ground. For those most in need, they provide food packages, emergency shelter, safe access to drinking water, hygiene items, and coal for heating. Donate here.
- is responding to the crisis by providing Ukrainians in need with food, hygiene kits, psychosocial support services, access to water, and access to cash. Donate here.
- is repairing schools damaged by the bombings and providing an emergency response to children affected by the conflict. Donate here.
Sunflower of Peace
- is raising money to prepare first aid medical tactical backpacks for paramedics and doctors on the front lines.
- Each backpack is designed for groups of 5 to ten people and includes an array of first aid supplies — such as bandages, anti-hemorrhagic medicine and medical instruments, according to the organization's Facebook page.
- is an international organization that coordinates with health-care workers to provide on-the-ground medical support to countries in crisis.
- “With some 3 million people in Ukraine already in need of urgent humanitarian assistance even before the Russian military incursion, immediate medical support is needed to prevent the country from spiraling even deeper into a humanitarian crisis that could impact millions of people,” Project Hope writes on its website. It's currently sending medical supplies to Ukrainians.
- You can make donations via its website using a credit/debit card, bank transfer, or PayPal.
Save the Children
- is working with partners to respond to meet the urgent needs of affected children and their families. It's ready to provide life-saving assistance, such as food, water, cash transfers, and safe places for children as people flee amid freezing temperatures and brutal conditions, and to scale up operations to ensure children impacted by the crisis have the support they need. Find out more and donate here.
SOS Children’s Villages
- has worked in Ukraine since 2003 and is coordinating an emergency response to support families who are living in the conflict areas and those who have been internally displaced. Find out more and donate here.
Voices of the Children
- The Ukrainian organization's Charitable Foundation helps provide psychological and psychosocial support to children affected by the armed conflict, according to its website.
- Voices of Children's efforts of support for kids include art therapy, video storytelling, providing mobile psychologists and even individual help for families.
- Individuals can donate through bank transfer, credit/debit card, or Apple Pay via its website.
World Central Kitchen
- For many refugees, food is an immediate need. Chef Jose Andrés has set up his World Central Kitchen on the ground at the Ukraine-Poland border providing warm meals for the hungry.
- "Nothing sends a bigger message of hope than a humble plate of food. And that’s the only thing we know how to do," Andrés said. "America is gonna be with the people of Ukraine."