Celebrating the creative spirit and skills of our children, Greene County Juvenile Court and Greene County Public Library are excited to invite students to participate in a countywide art contest.
The theme for this contest is “Our world through the Eyes of Children.” All media types are welcome. Details and submission requirements are as follows:
- Submissions should be in line with the contest theme “Our world through the eyes of children.”
- Any artistic medium is acceptable, so feel free to sculpt, draw, paint, papier mâché… whatever speaks to YOU.
- Submitting artists must be middle or high school age students, grades 7-12, attending a Greene County school.
- The attached consent form must accompany all submissions.
- Art contest submissions and consent forms shall be dropped off at the Information Desk at the Xenia Community Public Library, 76 East Market Street, Xenia, Ohio by April 4, 2022. Pick up directly from the schools is available by calling Jennifer Marietta at 937-562-4017.
- The Show will be held April 21st, 2022 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. to showcase the submissions, and recognize First, Second, and Third Place winners. Winners will be notified prior to the event and will be awarded at 6:30 p.m. the night of the event. Refreshments will be provided courtesy of Xenia Friends of the Library.
- Student prizes:
1st place $100
2nd place $75
3rd place $50
- All entries will be judged by a panel of accomplished artists and community leaders from Greene County using the following criteria:
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme
- Creativity, uniqueness and originality
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design
- Overall impression of the artwork
- Whether the artwork stands on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art.
- Submissions will remain at the Xenia Community Public Library until May 5, 2022, after which time they will be displayed at various places throughout the community on a rotating basis.
All Art Show entries will be posted on the Greene County Juvenile Court and Greene County Public Library Facebook pages prior to the Art Show to allow the work to reach a greater audience.
We can’t wait to see what you create!