Register for your kit here: https://greenelibrary.bibliocommons.com/events/62979a7558568df7273155bf
This month's craft is very simple and lots of fun!
Included in your kit:
2 soap molds
2 honey packets
approx. 1/4 cup steel cup oats
- Cut the soap base into small-ish cubes.
- Melt the soap base in a small glass container in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Add the honey and steel cut oats. The oats give the soap an gentle exfoliating quality.
- It's not included, but adding some kind of essential oil or other fragrance is recommended to improve the smell of the finished soap.
- Pour the soap into the molds:
- Tip- If you pour the soap into the molds all at once, the oats will settle on the bottom (the top of the finished soap). If you want the oats evenly distributed in the soap, I recommend pouring a little into the mold and letting it partially set up. Then pour a little more and repeat until the molds are full. You may have to reheat the soap in the microwave a few times if using this method.
That's it! It's so easy! You could use the soap yourself or give as gifts.
As always, we love to see your finished product on our Facebook page!