Happy Summer, everyone!
You can sign up for a kit here: https://greenelibrary.bibliocommons.com/events/62b4a92e9d461aa0a45f2f45
This month we're making a patriotic garland using red, white and blue bandanas!
The idea came from here: https://www.hgtv.com/lifestyle/entertaining/how-to-throw-a-patriotic-party-on-a-budget
Included in your kit:
6 feet of jute rope
This craft is very easy, but a little tedious.
- Take one bandana and fold in thirds. Then fold in half twice. You will have a square with folded edges on the outside.
- Using scissors or a rotary cutter, cut off all the folded edges so you have a stack of squares.
- Cut the squares into 1/2" strips. Make sure the strips aren't much bigger than 1/2" or you may not have enough to finish.
- Repeat with the other 2 bandanas.
5. On the jute rope, loop each end, and tie a knot (so that you can easily hang it later).
6. Stack one strip of each color bandana and tie it in a knot around the jute rope. I'm not going to lie, this is tedious work and slow going at first. However, after a few, a found a good rhythm and it wasn't so bad. Once you've tied the knot, fluff out the strips and slide to the end of the rope. This is a perfect opportunity to listen to an audiobook!
7. When you've run out of strips or rope, you're done! Your garland should be 5-6 feet in length.
As always, we love to see your finished projects! Feel free to post them to our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/BeavercreekCommunityLibrary