Hello! I can't believe it's November already! This month's craft is so relaxing and I hope you love it.
Click here to register for your kit: https://greenelibrary.bibliocommons.com/events/63612c4a024ca62800d09652
Included in your kit:
Aida cross stitch fabric
1 skein embroidery floss
1 embroidery hoop
1 piece of felt for backing
If you're new to cross stitching, this instructional video may be helpful for learning the basics.
- Fold your Aida cloth in half and then in half again. Unfold it and you should see the center point of the fabric. I usually mark this center point with the needle.
- Next, put your fabric in the embroidery hoop trying to get the center point as close to the center of the hoop as possible. If you don't, you may have to take it out and adjust it when you're finished stitching.
- I began stitching from the top of the acorn to the bottom. From the center point, count up 33 stitches. That will put you at the very center of the first line of the acorn (not including the stem). Begin stitching according to the pattern.
- When you've finished stitching and are ready to finish it, first make sure the design is centered in the hoop. Then cut the excess fabric around the outside in a circle leaving 1.5-2" all the way around. Sew around the outside to gather the fabric and then I zigzag from side to side for added stability (see picture and video at the end).
- Next, trace around the hoop on the piece of felt and cut it out. Use a blanket stitch to attach to felt to the back of the fabric. See the video for more detailed instructions.
Use this video for more detailed instructions on finishing your project: https://youtu.be/eJqp0gpja8g
That's it! I hope you loved this fun fall project!
As always, we'd love to see your finished work. Share it with us on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/BeavercreekCommunityLibrary