Following guidelines set by Ohio’s Department of Health, our top priority is keeping our community safe. While we can’t host our annual summer reading program at the library, you can participate in our Online Summer Reading Program from June 1-August 1. Participants can still win prizes.
How to Take Part
To register, create an account on the library's Beanstack online resource.
In a year when we might be stuck at home more than usual, it seems fitting the theme for everyone is “Imagine Your Story.” Whether you’re teaching your young ones about literacy, looking to beat the summer blues while social distancing, or an avid reader, we have you covered.
Summer Reading Club is for all ages:
Early Literacy (ages 0-5)
Our Online Summer Reading Program is the perfect opportunity for parents to teach their children literacy skills through hands-on activities and storytelling. Young readers are learning the basics of reading, so we have a special program just for them. Use our game board to help teach your young reader. As you complete activities on the game board, you’ll earn your way toward a prize!
Every week, we’ll be doing Get Up and Move, Morning, and Bedtime Story Times to get your child dancing, singing, and playing, as well as interactive scavenger hunts and chalk creations. Check out our full listing for Online Summer Reading Club activities.
Children (ages 6-11)
Elementary-aged children also have the opportunity to read, learn, and have fun. Children simply track their time reading. They will earn prizes at two milestones—8 hours and 16 hours.
Our children’s librarians will have plenty of programs to join in, including monthly craft programs, bi-monthly book clubs, a scavenger hunt, chalk creations, and a Nintendo Switch tournament.
Teens (ages 12-18)
Pick up a book, read, and win prizes! Teens track their time reading or participating in our online programs. They will earn prizes at two milestones—8 hours and 16 hours.
Throughout the program, you can also join library programs and participate in challenges, including a recipe challenge, chalk art, digital scavenger hunt, live book readings, trivia, Nintendo Switch tournaments, and more.
Adult (Ages 18+)
Adult Summer Reading Club tracks the number of books read over the summer. Keep track of how many books you read using Beanstack.
Throughout the summer, we’ll also have online programs, including monthly fiction book discussions, nonfiction discussions, writing groups, and craft classes.
We are still offering prizes for Summer Reading Club. Once you have earned a prize, simply call your local library to set up a pickup time for your prizes.
In early August, we will draw for our grand prize winners. If you and your child are grand prize winners, we’ll notify you, and you can pick up your special prize with our curbside services.
Each community location offers different prizes to their patrons. Please call your local library to learn about their specific prizes.
Prizes by Age Group
- After completing 8 activities on the game board with your child, your child can win a collapsible bowl.
- After completing 16 activities with your child, you will receive an age-appropriate book.
- After 8 hours of reading or participating in online activities, your child will win a 10-color pen.
- After 16 hours, your child will win an age-appropriate book.
- After 8 hours of reading or participating in online activities, you can win a USB wristband.
- After 16 hours, you'll win a book of your choice.
- After reading 5 books, you’ll receive a stainless steel straw and an entry for the grand prize.
- After reading 10 books, you'll receive a metal mug and an entry for the grand prize.
- After reading more than 10 books, you'll receive an additional entry for the grand prize.