Use a laser to cut out shapes, or to burn or etch a design into an object’s surface.
A few of the things you can make:
- Personalized picture frame
- Etched glass vase
- Acrylic night-light
- Holiday ornaments
What we’ve got:
What you’ll need:
- Wooden blocks, wooden photo frames, and several sizes of acrylic are available in Spark Place. (See price list.)
- You may bring in your own items to etch or cut, but Spark Place staff must check that the items are safe to use with the laser. If staff members have any doubt about safety, the item will not be allowed in the laser.
|Usually safe for the laser||Never allowed in the laser|
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are available in the makerspace and are recommended for use with the Epilog laser.
- The software of your choice may be used with the Full Spectrum laser.
- Adobe file formats are recommended for use with the Epilog laser.
- Any file format will work with the Full Spectrum laser.
The maximum material size that will fit in the lasers is 20″ × 12″ × 5.5″.