The Greene County Public Library system is the community’s connection to reading, lifelong learning, and personal and professional enrichment for people of all ages.
From our Mission Statement
Our employees are committed to our mission. We recognize that in order to provide the highest level of service, we must hire dedicated, professional people who understand what it means to serve the community. We believe that the quality of our service is deeply rooted in the quality of our people.
We offer competitive wages and varying levels of benefits for both full- and part-time staff.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply for a specific position posted above, simply click on that job title and follow the prompts.
Otherwise, please complete a general employment application if:
- There are no positions posted or you wish to be considered for future opportunities other than those currently available.
- You are interested in applying either for a library aide or substitute position at one or more of our libraries.
Have questions about a job or the status of your application?
Call the library’s Job Line: (937) 736-7069
We believe in providing equal opportunity based on a person’s ability to contribute to the needs and mission of our library system. We recruit and hire the most qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training, and promotion.
If you are not selected for an interview shortly after applying, we will retain your information for six months (or one year for professional librarian positions) so that we may consider you for future position openings.
Library staff receive a wide range of benefits based on their position classification and the number of hours worked per week.
For library aides and substitute employees:
- The library pays an amount equal to 14% of each employee’s salary into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System, the employee pays 10% to OPERS
- The library contributes a percentage of the employee’s salary for Medicare
Regular part-time employees who work more than 520 hours per year receive all of the the above, plus:
- Vacation (10–20 days per year depending on length of service and professional status)
- Sick leave (12 days credit per year)
- Personal leave (3 days credit per year)
- Holidays, including birthday (10 days possible per year, depending on scheduling)
- Merit time off, if warranted
- Bereavement time, if needed
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and eligible family members
- Voluntary participation in the Ohio Deferred Compensation Plan
- Eligibility for Tuition Reimbursement program after one full year of employment (between $1650 and $2200 per year depending on the subject being studied)
Regular part-time employees who work more than 1040 hours per year receive all of the above, plus:
- Dental insurance: employer pays for a single premium amount based on the amount of budgeted hours; additional coverage for dependents is at employee expense
Full-time employees receive all of the above plus:
- Group health insurance: The library pays 80%, employee pays 20% of the premium for group health insurance, whether the employee needs individual, individual/spouse, individual/children, or family coverage
- Dental insurance: The library pays 100% of an individual premium, additional coverage for dependents is at employee expense
- Paid life insurance