- 1895: Cedarville's first library is established on the Cedarville College campus. It consists of a single room staffed by a single librarian, and is only open Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- 1905: Cedarville College President David McKinney begins negotiating with Andrew Carnegie to receive a gift to build a new library building. The $11,795 gift is provided the next year, matching funds raised by the local community.
- 1930s: In the midst of the Great Depression, the library joins the Greene County District Library system. The county and college operate Cedarville's library as a partnership, sharing financial responsibility.
- 1961: After the Baptist Bible Institute of Cleveland takes over operation of Cedarville College in 1953, rapid growth means that the library can no longer serve the college and the community effectively. Cedarville's public library splits off and moves into the Cedarville Opera House.
- 2005: The library moves to its current location.