Happy December, Crafters!
This month we're making a holiday tree out of recycled magazines! This helps us here at the library because it's time to make room for the new 2024 magazines. Now we can put some of the old ones to good use!
Reserve your kit here: https://greenelibrary.bibliocommons.com/events/6569fd5d61803d36006f6f50
Included in your kit:
1 styrofoam tree
1 bag of straight pins
1 bag of sewing pins
1 rustic star
Not included in your kit:
hot glue (optional)
- Tear some pages out of your magazine and cut into strips. Be sure to choose pages that have pretty colors.
- Fold the strips a few times over to make skinnier strips.
- Attach the strips to the styrofoam tree using the straight pins with the small head. Make one layer all the way around the bottom. It's ok if there are gaps at this stage.
- Continue to make strips and begin to layer them on top. Continue this process while moving up the tree.
- When you get to the top, you can hide the edges of the paper by wrapping a strip around the top a few times and securing it with a pin.
- Arrange the sewing pins with the large heads to around the tree to look like Christmas lights/ornaments.
- Attach the star at the top by using pins to secure it. If that's not enough, use a little glue between the star and the top.
I hope this was fun to make - I know I enjoyed it! Happy Crafting!