This month's craft is to make this button heart plaque.
Click here to reserve your kit: https://greenelibrary.bibliocommons.com/events/63dd20026ef7092800a7266f
Included in your kit:
1 piece chipboard
1 piece music note paper
1 antique-ish key
NOT included in your kit:
glue (I used hot glue, but I think other types would work)
- Trace the chipboard onto the music note paper and cut out. Glue down the paper making sure to get the edges and corners attached well.
2. Arrange buttons into a heart shape outline and glue down.
3. Fill in the heart with buttons and glue down.
4. Create a second layer of buttons on the heart and glue down.
5. Thread the two thicker ribbons through the key hole in the key and tie a knot.
6. Make a bow. Glue the bow just above the button heart.
7. Attach the white ribbon onto the knot and make a bow in front.
8. Use the remaining ribbon to create a hanger. Knot both ends of the thicker ribbons together. Glue them to the back of the chipboard.
9. I used a nail file to roughen up the edges of the chipboard to make it look a little more rustic. This is optional, of course.
That's it! I hope you had fun and, as always, feel free to share your finished piece on our Facebook page.