Etch or cut wood, foam, or soft metal using computer numerical control (CNC).
A few of the things you can make:
- Three-dimensional wooden objects
- Etchings on printed circuit boards
- Thin metal jewelry parts
What we’ve got:
What you’ll need:
- Wooden blocks are available in Spark Place. (See price list.)
- You may bring your own materials to use with the milling machine. It will etch and cut wood, foams, and soft metals.
- Any computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software can be used with this equipment.
- Carbide Create is available in the makerspace.
.SVG files are recommended, but .C2D and .DXF files will also work
The maximum material size that will fit in this machine is 8″ × 8″ × 3″.