Food for Fines returns to the library February 12–18, 2017
If you’ve got overdue library materials at home, now’s the time to round them up. During Food for Fines week (Sunday, February 12, through Saturday, February 18) you can make your fines disappear while you help stock the shelves of local food banks.
Here’s how it works:
- Bring non-expired, non-perishable food items to donate at the circulation desk of your local Greene County Public Library.
- For each item you donate, $1 of your library fines for overdue materials will be forgiven.
- Fines can only be forgiven on overdue materials that have been returned, so make sure you’ve looked under the bed for stray books and movies first! You can also log in to your online library account or ask at your local library if you’re not sure which materials you currently have checked out or whether you have a fine.
- Sorry, but Food for Fines credit cannot be applied toward fees for items that have been lost or damaged.
- All donations collected during Food for Fines will be distributed to food banks in our community.